Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ranelagh -> Tallaght By Car

Options
  • 21-09-2007 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Any idea how long this would take in the mornings?

Route would be:
    Ranelagh
    Rathmines
    Rathgar
    Terenure
    Templeogue
    Tallaght

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

ballooba wrote:
    Any idea how long this would take in the mornings?

Route would be:
    Ranelagh
    Rathmines
    Rathgar
    Terenure
    Templeogue
    Tallaght

I'd guess 30/40 minutes to the Square. I'd allow 15 minutes extra from there, depending on what part of Tallaght you are going to; remember that from the M 50 almost to Citywest and Saggart westward is Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭WhiteAp

Buy a moped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

WhiteAp wrote:
    Buy a moped.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

It's Airton Road specifically.

I considered the whole moped thing. I decided against it due to the rain and also the danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭trellheim

go via canal, naas rd, belgard ,airton .

Ballymount and Spawell notorious bottlenecks westbound in the AM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Will look at that one thanks. It's hypothetical commute at the mo. haven't even been called for interview yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Or you could walk to Rathmines and get the 65B, the 0655, 0720, 0735 and 0815 departures from Eden Quay all go via Airton Road.

Arrival at Airton Road is at 0730, 0805, 0825 and 0905 roughly, with the bus taking about 10 minutes to get from the terminus to Rathmines.

In the evening you'd have a 10 minute walk to Tallaght Village to get a bus back, with buses at 1620, 1705, 1745, 1815, 1835 and 1855 ex-Citywest (allow 10-15 minutes to get to Tallaght) in the evening peak.

Advertisement