Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privateer Press games (Hordes/Warmachine)

Options
  • 21-09-2007 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭

Is it ok to discuss tabletop wargames other than gamesworkshop in here? We don't have a general tabletop wargame forum, although I know it does say 'Games Workshop' up the top there. Hopefully this is ok.

Anyway, I play Tyranids and Necrons in 40k, but a friend got me into playing Hordes (http://www.privateerpress.com) a couple of weeks ago.

I love it. I really like 40k, but Hordes is an enjoyabe change, a bit faster/more aggressive, and a lot of fun.

We've got a good few Hordes/Warmachine (different, but very similar, systems that can be played against each other) players, in the Dublin Games Guild, based out of Models Inc on Dorset street.

There's a Hordes league starting tonight, (the rules are being finalised tonight, then it's pub for the rugby), so if anybody wanted to play a new system they should come up to Models Inc some night, or check out http://modelsinc.ie/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=general

There's a few complete beginners to it, and some very good players, and a lot inbetween.

A friend of mine will be running the Hordes/Warmachine stuff at Gaelcon, so if you're going to that you might like to get some practice in :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

well we kinda dragged you in kicking and screaming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Warmachine and hordes are great systems. There is some great backround based upon the Iron Kingdoms Worlds. And it one of the easist system I've learned in Ages.
    If nothing else dropping down to try a game in Models Inc won't hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Yeah, the rules are quite a bit simpler/clearer than 40Ks for example. Though with all the possible interactions between units in-game, tactical play seems more complicated I think. Though that might just be my complete newbieness at Hordes, and reasonable competancy at 40k.

Played a great 2v2 3400point a side game of 40k on Wednesday for a campaign. Still enjoying the 40K anyway for sure :)

Advertisement