Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a case for Dell Vostro 1500

Options
  • 20-09-2007 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Guys, I just ordered a Dell Vostro 1500, it has a 15.4' screen. I decided against ordering a case on the Dell site because frankly their cases look sh*t and overpriced. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good protective case around the e75-100 mark.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I've been looking at cases online but I've heard the Vostro 1500 is bit bigger than the average 15.4' laptop and might be a struggle to fit most 15.4' cases, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

dont know about the vostro being bigger. maybe its with the 9 cell battery. that would make the battery stick out an inch on the rear of the laptop.

i bought a backpack for my 17" and its much much easier than a carry case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Kensington seem to have some nice cases and backpacks. I might just go for a backpack as I don't think I am metrosexual enough to pull off the single strap manbag look.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd have to recommend a back pack as well. It's very handy and can hold a lot of other things too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I went with the case that was offered online, the regular type laptop case... It's grand for storing it, or for transporting it if I'm in a car or whatever, but I'll definitely have to get some backpack or something for buses and walking, it's a heavy enough & awkward laptop...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yeah I'm gonna be lookin to get a backpack style case for my vostro for bringing it into college soon.

What prices you reckon I'll be lookin at?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cunny-Funt wrote:
    Yeah I'm gonna be lookin to get a backpack style case for my vostro for bringing it into college soon.

I have a hp backpack that I bought for my 17" inspiron and I think it cost me €60. The backpacks for 15" laptops will probably be cheaper but I doubt if it will be that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Cunny-Funt wrote:

My boss recently enough got a backpack for a 15" laptop, cost him €50... He's very happy with it though...

Advertisement