Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info for Smithstown Castle Co.Clare

Options
  • 20-09-2007 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi,
    Was just wondering if anyone on here knew anything about the history of Smithstown Castle near Kilfenora.I will be bringing a group there soon and want to find out as much of the history as possible of the place.Also if anyone knows of any stories of hauntings or supposed ghosts at the castle or surrounding area it would be greatly appreciated.Whats the best pubs in that area and whats must see's and do's when in clare.

Cheers:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

A quick google showed loads of information on the castle. But you do know that it is a luxury holiday home now and not open for group sightseeing?

There are plenty of stories about the Burren area, of ghosts, wild goats, fairies and the lot. I'm afraid you have to read a bit. Eddie Lenihan's stories are very good in this regard. If you don't like reading or don't have the time just make some story up, let your imagination roam.

Best pub in that area would be in Corofin imo. But depends of course what you're expecting from a good pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Poltergoose

palaver wrote:
    A quick google showed loads of information on the castle. But you do know that it is a luxury holiday home now and not open for group sightseeing?

There are plenty of stories about the Burren area, of ghosts, wild goats, fairies and the lot. I'm afraid you have to read a bit. Eddie Lenihan's stories are very good in this regard. If you don't like reading or don't have the time just make some story up, let your imagination roam.

Best pub in that area would be in Corofin imo. But depends of course what you're expecting from a good pub.

Thats great palaver ,thanks for your help:) .Don't mind a bit of reading, will check up on Eddie Lenihan.I know about it being a holiday home,small group of seven of us are staying there.They are big in to spooky stuff,thats why I am trying to gather as much info on those sort of things as possible.

cheers again.

Advertisement