Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuses

Options
  • 20-09-2007 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi All,

Out for a spin yesterday, getting the ferry over from Passage east in Wexford,
    Everything fine on start up, half way up the ramp and bike switches off like a swith was thrown.Everything dead, horn lights etc. no dashboartd lights at all.
    Removed the panels and next minute I had lights again, when I went to start it a bang ensued and there went the 30a fuse. Replaced it and bike ran perfect, will be making sure I carry spare fuses from now on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,980 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hmmm it's possible you have an intermittent short in your wiring loom...

Look for tape/sleeving on the loom rubbed through, wires chafing etc.

Often wires going to the ignition switch are cable tied to the headstock, if there isn't enough slack it causes chafing eventually.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

ninja900 wrote:
    Hmmm it's possible you have an intermittent short in your wiring loom...

Look for tape/sleeving on the loom rubbed through, wires chafing etc.

Often wires going to the ignition switch are cable tied to the headstock, if there isn't enough slack it causes chafing eventually.

As Ninja said, ,f a fuse goes, okay, but if preceeded by a bang, possible/probable short.

Simply carrying spare fuses does not fix the problem. May happen again in a dodgy spot, like fast lane etc.

Better get root cause and fix it.

Advertisement