Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Master of Accountancy

• 20-09-2007 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Question is there any point in doing a Master of Accountancy after college. Regardless if a company pays for it or not.

I am under the impression it still takes a further 3 years to become a chartered accountant anyway. the only difference i see is that you dont take 2 exams. Is this correct. Therefore how does it still take 3 years part time plus one year full time doing a masters to be come qualified.

Therefore would one be better taking a job and doing the caf1,caf2,caf3 part time in the evening , getting it paid for my the company plus study leave straight out of college rather than taking the offer of doing a masters of accountancy.

cheers for the help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Yeah, it's personal choice really - the way it works is:

If you don't do a masters, you have a 3.5 year training contract and will have to sit CAP1, CAP2 and FAE exams. You may already be exempt from all or part of CAP1, depending on the subjects covered in your course.

If you do a masters, you have a 3 year training contract and will only have to sit FAE exams.

I wouldn't advise a masters unless you really like being in college. It makes no difference otherwise - it actually takes longer to qualify if you stay to do the masters (6 months extra). Also, exams in work aren't too bad (lots of time off, etc. plus bonuses for passing)

Advertisement