Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA: Season 4, Episode 2: Lifeline [WARNING SPOILERS]

Options
  • 20-09-2007 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Ok. First time i tried to post this it messed up and crashed.

Anyway what did you all think of Ep 02? I thought it moved faster but was more predictable. I knew that weir would be left behind and i knew the Opollo would come to the rescue at the last min.

Still tho we are all set for season 4.
    New Planet, New ZPM.

Was it just me or did Ronin not have anything to say/do these episodes?
    I heard his charactor was going to get more interesting. But then again he didnt have anything to do in the first episode and he didnt even get to show off his killing skills.

Rate This Episode 21 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    14% 3 votes
    Ok
    66% 14 votes
    Bad
    19% 4 votes
    Terrible - OMFG I Thought I Couldent Get Any Worse But It Did!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ya, I saw a lot of the story coming but it was a nice twist with
    Weir and Oberoth.
    I'd love to see some wraith/replicator battles in the next episodes :D
    The replicators could become more dangerous with what they learn from Weir.
    I'm expecting her to return as the bad guy in the near future.

I agree about Ronin, just making up the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

was i the only one who thought that what weir did was the exact same as what danial did to the carter replicator in season 8's reckoning?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm just surprised they ended up with *shock horror* 1 ZPM again. Why not 2, or 3? It would be fantastic to have a fully powered Atlantis for once. And why haven't they found anything in the Ancient Database about how to build a ZPM?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the version I got hasn't got any sound effects or music... it's cool

lol.. 'and that means I'm in control now'

why? why does it mean that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Mordeth wrote:
    the version I got hasn't got any sound effects or music... it's cool
    Ditto, I watched both of the first two episodes last week - the preair ones. I'm not going to bother re-watching them with the sound.
    I do think that the scientists are being put up to godlike status always being able to pull it off at the last second... they need something new, or perhaps this is what works for them.
    Personally I hope Wier dies soon, I find her so boring, they need someone more uber cool.
    Ronon, erm... well he's ok
    The new doc is cute but needs to be better or something. Carson was cool IMO.
    McKay rocks as always, definately the main character for me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

rofl.. I can heard the stage hands shouting 'MOVE' and stuff

this is awesome

it's like theater..in space!

--edit

god damnit, when I saw the replicator jumper uncloak in front of them my first thought was 'i hope they don't ruin everything by having the apollo jump in at the last second and blow it up'

hrm.

Yup, that's the version I've got too. I presume we all use easynews. It's hysterical, you can hear them shouting at the actors to flail about the set when things are supposed to shake.

the best scene with no sound like mentioned was weir in the first episodes getting the paddles to revive her, very funny with no noise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

User45701 wrote:
    the best scene with no sound like mentioned was weir in the first episodes getting the paddles to revive her, very funny with no noise
    haha. yeah, I remember that... surreal!

never heard of easynews...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

same here watched these episodes about a month ago without the sound effects.

was wierd watching it but again shows you exactly from the actors point of view with now sound effects in the backround.

really is cool though getting to see them with no sound effects.

like even the dhd was sound effects and lights up.

about the episode : thought this one was cool cause of the whole are you up for a hiest and using dr.wier was pretty cool you have to say and the whole her frezzing the replicators was done before but come on there replicators aswell it has to be done again as there are not much ways to stop them.

i think its good that they have sent the replicators after the wraith that should be a pretty cool battle to see.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I didnt watch the eps with no sounds, found them to be quite shít!

Just watched 02 anyway, I liked it. The Weir twist in the middle was awesome. I think they've lost her to make room for Sam Carter tho, right?

Defo agree with Ronan being a useless charachter so far, hes so hot I hope they give him some form of storyline... gotta get more warrior and less scientiest on this season.

I remember the first season, all the wraith, man it was always on edge (mind you I did watch them in one batch rather than week by week which I always think increases a shows like-ability). I miss that. They should get that back in some sort of Wraith - Replicator - Atlantis war...

Also, I think Igy was telling me Ep 4 was released by mistake, is this true? I aint gonna watch it til I see Ep 3, just wanna be sure.

ep 4 is out yes, there is a topic on it as well

Quick question regarding episode 2 ...
    When they reactivate the replicator nanites in Weird, she says that the last time she had them it was terrible, yadda yadda ...
    ... what episode was that in? I've seen all of SGA so far, and I don't remember an episode where Weir was
    taken over by replicators

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

User45701 wrote:
    ep 4 is out yes, there is a topic on it as well
    I saw that, but didnt wanna open it due to the obvious risk of spoilerness. Wanted to confirm that it was a mistake that it was released and I havent just missed Ep 3!

Eh, afair there was an defo an episode where Weir was taken over. (Not using spoiler tags because... well, because. Not sure when tho. But they were really mean to her, it made for a kind of boring episode.

ye weir was naninated a while back and watch episode 4 its not a spoiler episode, its not even that great a episode infact its been done before so your not missing much

Aw. That saddens me inside. :(
    I wanna see an Ori/Wraith/Atlantis/Replicator war, and I want it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Blah. Was really looking forward to this, but in a way they ruined it with the science again..

Things i hated:

1) McKay got a hyper drive working on a puddle jumper, reprogrammed nanites, transformed cloak into weapon, made ancient technology plug and play, rewrote programming of replicators, modified puddle jumper to run on ZPM, found attack code in replicators, and probably more i forgot. All in the space of 45 minutes, which is unlikely.

2) I was horribly annoyed they raided the replicator city twice(!) without firing a single shot.

3) Weir out replicatored the head replicator, which is unlikely.

4) The Plan: Open jump gate next to planet, fly in, take ZPM, drive away. Blah, its just unlikely.

I did enjoy this ep, but the show really is getting ridiculous.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

1) McKay got a hyper drive working on a puddle jumper, reprogrammed nanites, transformed cloak into weapon, made ancient technology plug and play, rewrote programming of replicators, modified puddle jumper to run on ZPM, found attack code in replicators, and probably more i forgot. All in the space of 45 minutes, which is unlikely.
    Ummm the show wasn't in real time so it wasn't over a span of 45 minutes for the characters. So now it's totally believable ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I voted good for this one. I have to agree with the OP of this thread in what he/she said.

But i am still wondering where will season 4 go. I was very worried after watching the crap that was episode 1 of season 4. I sky+ this episode (2) on tuesday night and because of the crap episode last week i did not go out of my way to watch the recording of episode 2 till i was ready to ( or had nothing to do), which was last night. I was a bit relieved when it was not crap.

season 4 is going places because i dont love SGA as much as BSG/SG1, i will read what all the episodes in the season are about except the final episode and the mid season 2 parter, i like them to be suprises because they are as a rule in SG ALWAYS good but season 4 as a whole is looking up the more info they release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

This episode was awfully mediocre.
    The replicator plot just got dumber by the second and now, the replicators are warring with the major enemy of the series. Never saw that before. Weir faught back mentally against the replicators. Never saw that...
    This replicator thing is pathetic.

Also, the way they killed of Weir was terrible.
    Just like Beckitt...they make ****e of a good original character and then they have to kill them off because they have run out of **** roads to go down.

Advertisement