Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

32aa batteries from a single 6v

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

not sure this is a good hack, as the comments point out it is a 'heavy duty' battery that is opened. alkaline AAs are expensive, heavy duty ones are dirt cheap, there is no real saving to be made here imo and also you don't know until you open the 6V battery if it is going to be full of AAs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's a load of horseshyte. Trust me. I spent €5.49 on a stupid battery and when I opened it it contained "C" cells not "AA". Save your money.:mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Hagar wrote:
    It's a load of horseshyte. Trust me. I spent €5.49 on a stupid battery and when I opened it it contained "C" cells not "AA". Save your money.:mad:
    When I was a youngling I took apart a lot of batteries mostly everyready blue ones

of the square / rectangular batteries
    So the BIG 6v torch batteries usually contained 4 cells AND a false bottom.
    the 9v square ones frequently had a false bottom but smaller than the torch
    9V batteries can contain 6 cylinders smaller than AAA's OR 7 Button cells OR several rectangular layers

the 4.5 volt batteries usually contain three cells though

BTW: the everyready ad about getting 650 digital camera pictures from a set of batteries annoys me. I've gotten about 3500 pictures (and counting) from a set of rechargables.

so recharagables all the way for anything that dosen't need to be powered for months ( and even then newer NIMH's are appearing with very low self discharge rates )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

It was a piss take on the 6 CR inside the camera batt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

4 duracell AA batteries vs 4 7dayshop 2700 NiMh rechargables :

Duracells: went through all 4 in a visit to the collosseum

rechargables: 2 lasted me the rest of the week in rome (including vatican museum, catacombs - no flash allowed though, and a tour of the appian way - with added aquaducts!).

rechargables FTW! stoopid bunny.

• Advertisement
Advertisement