Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete newcomer

Options
  • 19-09-2007 9:53pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 120 ✭✭

Greetings All,
    Im a complete newcomer and i have just a few quick questions. I am 31 with just a provisional licence. Im wondering what are the easier bikes for a learner,im not big into the sports type bike, prefer the cruiser types. Wht would be ideal for me? I wouldnt be using the bike very much during the week mainly weekends (until im comfortable and of course ill be getting loads of lesson)
    All help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

Hi and welcome to the site.

I presume that you are on a restricted licence so the likes of a Dragstar 650 would be a good all-rounder for you

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 120 ✭✭ludermor

yes i would be on a restricted licence and i must say i like your suggestion! That is the style i want.
    I spending a lot of time reading through the threads here so im sure i will be back with more questions soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

I was in a similar situation in May except I needed a bike to commute to work(i'm 37 btw) I got a BMW 650 CS and I am delighted with the bike. Joe Duffy thats another matter I won't get started.

The bike I got is a 650cc restricted version I was worried about the size of the bike but so far so good I'm really enjoying the ride apart from the odd time a car driver decides a sudden change of direction without looking is the order of the day.
    I also got TPFT insurance from BMW for 900 which I thought was a good deal

Best of luck

Advertisement