Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 Southbound -> N7 (Outbound) to close For October

Options
  • 19-09-2007 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Info from SDCC:
    South Dublin County Council has made an order for Siac-Ferrovial M50 Joint Venture to temporarily close a section of the M50 southbound exit ramp at the M50 / N7 (Red Cow) Interchange connecting the M50 southbound with the N7 (Naas Road) from 00.00 hrs. Saturday 6th October 2007 to 08.00 hrs. Saturday 3rd November 2007, to facilitate reconstruction of the N7 / M50 Interchange under the M50 upgrade works.

Only traffic travelling southbound and wishing to continue on to the N7 to Newlands Cross is affected

The alternative routes are via:
    The M50 southbound, Ballymount Interchange (exit 10) and return via M50 northbound to the Naas Road (N7)*

Diversion signs will be erected.

Note: * to facilitate this detour existing traffic using Ballymount Interchange will be rerouted onto the newly constructed bridge separate to the diverted traffic

Should be fun. Hopefully wouldn't have a huge impact on commuters as M50 -> N7 Inbound isn't affected, but all it takes is one guy a day to not realise the restriction is there and he blocks up everything while he figures out what he's doing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

M50 northbound between Firhouse and the N7 is already jammers, this is only going to make things worse.

The alternative will be the outer ring road to the Kingswood interchange. Anyone living north of the N7 and working in Citywest is going to have a month of hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

I guess another alternative is to take the N7 Inbound ramp, keep left on the N7, and do a U turn at the Long Mile Road intersection. Note to do this U'ee you actually veer left off N7 inbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jkgvfg

I don't think the N4 exit (Kingswood etc.) is an alternative for southbound traffic - it is currently taking 40 minutes to get from the Toll bridge to there in both rush hours. Can't see removing the N7 option as improving it much! Ballymount is supposed to be fully finished before the Red Cow is closed so going there and rejoining M50 Northbound to the Red Cow might be the best bet, provided the lack of M50S->N7W traffic allows a lot of extra green time for M50N->N7W.

Not that you can tell much from www.M50.ie - No right turn on the N4 roundabout THIS WEEKEND...the 17th of August!!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

I'm not surprised they divert the N7 straight after Ballymount upgrad is complete - that will most likely hide the fact that the Ballymount upgrade won't improve anything for longer... :D

I can see the big problem in the evenings when M50 north is already stuffed and the m50 south to N7 west is at its busiest.
    I might just book my holidays/ stay in the office for a month or work from home....

the m50 website is a joke... like the announcement for the N3 to N4 upgrade scheme commencing in June.. no update since.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

the m50 website is a joke... like the announcement for the N3 to N4 upgrade scheme commencing in June.. no update since.

True, but this did actually start on time. It's just the widening of the N3-N4 stretch - nothing to do with the N3/M50 junction.

Also according to that website, N4/M50 will apparently be complete by October.Seems to be a fair bit more work left than that though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement