Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hp dv9088ea overheating (Geforce 7600GO 512Mb)

Options
  • 19-09-2007 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought one of these last Jan, in Harvey Normans, and after a few months it started overheated when gaming. I strated to prop the back of it up while gaming and this solved the problem but lately its been getting worse and now can overheat while even just watching a vid on youtube.

I was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem with this model and were you able to get it resolved as, from what I've read on the net, it seems to be a design flaw rather than a fault. Also... has anyone any expierience with returns to HN's? Are they easy to deal with etc...?

Ty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

I would suggest you e-mail HP directly and see if they can provide you any suggestions. I've done this in the past on an older laptop, and to my surprise the issue I had was fixed with the suggestions they sent back to me.

To e-mail HP, goto:

1) http://www.hp.com/ie
    2) Select "Support & Troubleshooting"
    3) Search your product "dv9088ea"
    4) Solve a problem
    5) Other Support Options (center right of screen) -> Contact HP
    6) E-Mail HP (E-mail technical support after you buy (multiple languages))

Good Luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Some good advise there from Eddiem74, as proving an over heating problem to staff in Harvey Normans would be quite the task...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Thanks for your help. I'll email hp today. I did call HN's today and while the girl was very helpful she did say it could be 4-6 weeks before I have my lappy back :(

Advertisement