Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Classic availability in Dublin, and best price?

Options
  • 19-09-2007 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Is the 80GB iPod Classic available anywhere in Dublin yet?

Anyone know anywhere selling it for less than €249 - the price on apple.ie (and presumably the RRP)?

(It's only €180 or so in the states, so may ask a friend visiting there to pick one up for me instead)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

You are not likely to find any legit sale of the new iPods in this country for under the RRP from Apple which is €249, in the foreseeable future at least. The difference is in price between here and the States is largely down to VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

I know from looking at iPods in the past that the price does tend to be uniform (perhaps Apple, ahem, somehow "persuades" retailers to keep in line on price?), though I occasionally saw a retailer undercutting the RRP.

By the way, saw a white iPod classic in HMV Henry St, but I wanted the black model so ordered it from the apple website (with complimentary engraving). Paid the full €250 (better than the old price on the 80GB iPod of €400!)

O2 shop on Henry St said wouldn't have classics in until the end of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

mambo wrote:
    I know from looking at iPods in the past that the price does tend to be uniform (presumably Apple, ahem, somehow "persuades" retailers to keep in line on price), though I occasionally saw a retailer undercutting the RRP.

Yeah it does happen, but not likely on a brand new model just after its release I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

mambo wrote:
    By the way, saw a white iPod classic in HMV Henry St, but I wanted the black model so ordered it from the apple website (with complimentary engraving). Paid the full €250 (better than the old price on the 80GB iPod of €400!)

O2 shop on Henry St said wouldn't have classics in until the end of next week.

Oh. So there are display models in stores in Dublin, but you are not able to buy there and then?

I'm almost certain to get an 160GB ipod classic, but I want to see one in the flesh in store to see which one looks nicer, before I purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

To answer my own question ;) Dixons in Blanchardstown had the silver 80GB iPod Classic on display, and it looks well. They are out of 160GB iPods, and only have one 80GB black left. Stock arrived there on Wednesday or Thursday, they are expecting more next week.

Also, O2 and Dixons, and iirc HMV have the new iPod nanos in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

shockingly there are still some retailers trying to sell the older model, with less storage, for more money than the new ipod classics. madness if anyone buys one.

my new iPod classic arrived yesterday from the apple online store, along with a new nano for my brothers birthday. very pleased with both. massive storage on the classic and great for watching movies around the house. price cannot be beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

If anyone you know is going to the States get them to grab you one. Just got mine today, for €199 with the exchange rate.

Advertisement