Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Zen Audio Format

Options
  • 18-09-2007 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking for some advice,

I have a Zen Vision M, I recently received a TV series in WMA format, from my cousins in America, I have it uploaded to my Zen and it plays but at the bottom of the screen it says Audio Format not supported.

Is there any programmes that either:

Update my zen to play more audio formats

or

Change the audio formats of WMA files

Thanks i advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maxitwist

wma should be supported. does the audio not play at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Thanks maxitwist

Sorry maybe it is not a wma file. It plays on Window Media but it is an avi file here is the extension.

The.Wire.1x04.Old.Cases.DvDRip.XviD.AC3.Thomilla.avi

how do I find out what the audio format is - most avi files play fine on the Zen

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Anyone any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

muletide wrote:
    Anyone any ideas
    I think gSpot should tell you.

EDIT: It tells you in the filename. Its an xvid with AC3 audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mcR

The software that came with your zen should convert it into a playable format, sometimes it can be the right format and still not play so id try that. It depends on the way the avi files are encoded

Try windows movie maker, its not the best program but its easy to use to convert it into a playable WMV format for the zen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭npresto

The Zen will not play a video file with audio in AC3 format. You will have to convert the audio format of the avi to a constant bitrate mp3.

Advertisement