Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP or Acer

Options
  • 18-09-2007 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Sorry guys but this is gonna be another...which is better post!!

Looking at a few ideas of laptops, one annoying thing with them is they all seem to be big, bulky and heavy but have similar spec on processor, ram and HDD....I currently have a HP and really like the brand so lets start with this one:

HP DV6500
    Has additional HDMI output, and Bluetooth and 128Mb graphics card

was looking along the High Definition line and came across this Acer....it seems to have good writeups but i dont know too much about the brand,...are they good? Is it worth additional money for HD on laptop?

ACER 5920 with HD-DVD
    plus comes with turbo memory, bigger HDD, and a 256Mb graphics card.

The Acer looks alot chunkier and the dimensions say it is .5cm higher than the HP - 4.4cm on the Acer seems very high for a laptop...my current one is 3.8cm.

The final solution is to look at the Vostro....that seems to be getting good writeups here...however looks very big aswell and I had a Dell before and wasnt too impressed...have they improved?

The only negative thing I have seen about the hP is the graphics card...I'm not a big gamer and to be honest will probably only run MS Flight Simulator X on it! If anyone can recommend the Acer I would probably go with that...little extra but seems to have the slightly better spec.

Let me know what you think.
    THanks

Edit: Should say main use would be for Internet, Music and watching movies!

Advertisement