Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Business Laptops

Options
  • 18-09-2007 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Looking into getting a a laptop.
    I didnt realise until today that people can buy Business laptops from dell - there available to the public. The prices seem very nice - bit cheaper.
    What would be the difference really in the laptops?
    All i can see is:
    vista business or vista home premium
    What is the difference between these - and is there anything else i should be weary about if buying from the business section

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Home Premium has some stuff that Business doesn't have - mainly windows media centre... Other than that I (personally) haven't noticed any difference (although i do have ultimate myself) but there's probably some stuff in business that's not in home premium..

I think that if you ring up Dell you can switch to a different version of Windows, just ask them...

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Getting a Vostro, m'self soon. As regards to OS, I'm going with XP Pro, same price as Vista Business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

The main difference in vista business and home is the fact that the business version is capable of connecting to a business domain type network. This is a requirement for any business with a proper network.

The same with XP home and Pro.

Your not going to notice any difference if your a home user except it will be that little bit more expensive.

Why wouldn't their business range of laptops be available to anyone interested?

Advertisement