Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW War Effort

Options
  • 18-09-2007 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Can you please explain to me the war effort? When I started my (only) level 1 character...early last year, there was war in a number of cities.

Looking at thw war effort stats...does this mean its about to start again? (on the wow maps it had a skull over certain cities).

What happens during a war.....? Anyone remember last one?

Thanks again...

Sur

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Isn't that something to do with opening the gates of Ahn'Qiraj? Are you talking about the war effort page on the blizzard website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

The "War Effort" was the opening event for AQ way back a while. It involved gathering an horrendous amount of items plus a uber-hard quest. My server was the europe 6th to finish it, and iirc correctly it was the same day that I did ST for the first time \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I don't think it applies any more as even new servers that don't have it done have had the gates opened by other people who transferred in with the scepter.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    The "War Effort" was the opening event for AQ way back a while. It involved gathering an horrendous amount of items plus a uber-hard quest. My server was the europe 6th to finish it, and iirc correctly it was the same day that I did ST for the first time \o/

ok...thats what I was talking about...but not what I ment. There was a World War just as I started the game. So we're talking before patch 1.8 I think. TBC not even on the carfeds....early summer I think 2006 (ish).

When you looked on the map, a skull appeared as the sumbol for whatever cities where in it, or experiencing it.

sorry for vagueness....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Naxx scourge citadels over the main cities?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

DRakE wrote:
    Naxx scourge citadels over the main cities?

yeah that was probobly it. There was a lrge city hovering over darnassus as I was only 'growing up' and reaching that point with my night elfy! It was what attracted me to the game...the guy in the shop told me a huge war had broken out and that I'd love it.....I was at the counter before he finished his sentence!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,135 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

lol that thing was a world event like two years ago?

Advertisement