Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Bike Accident

Options
  • 18-09-2007 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

What the fup is going on, I saw my second serious Bike accident in 2 weeks this morning, Looked like White old deuville v's people carrier, Between griffith Ave and the Ivy house, 3 fire engines, looked bad, I didnt rubberneck so not sure exactly, and last week late at week on dorset st, courier V's Taxi, looked bad enough too...

Anyone have any thoughts on what is going on.. maybe a few more bikes on the road, but Taxi drivers and Couriers are usually fairly experenced...

I think we need a lobby group...

And more cars are trying to kill me too, same tyhing happened last yr, around the same time of the yr, and got worse in Nov, Schools go back traffic vol gets higher and people go nutz... Seeing a lot more red lights being run too...

Or maybe it was because yesterday was bus lane day for the gardai...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

it is not just in Ireland. We had a biker killed here in Milton Keynes the other day and one of our DBAs got killed yesterday on his way into work on his bike.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I remember being on the bike, these things seemed to come in waves. Sometimes I might see two or three accidents in a month, other times I may not see an accident for three months.

I would say that the number of accidents does rise sharply around this time of year, particularly for commuting motorcyclists. There are more commuters, they are more tired and stressed and as such less focussed on their driving. You also have the winter blues setting in. On a bright sunny, summer morning, a motorist will be more energised, happier and therefore more alert than on a cold, dark(er) morning in Autumn and Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,137 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

This is a bad time of year for accidents in general. People (and when I say people, I mean women) who only popped down to the shops all summer are now having to mix it in commuter hell and observation isn't their strong point at the best of times.
    delop wrote:
    I think we need a lobby group...

I think so too... It would need a name. A good name that lets you know what it's on about and what it does.
    The word Motorcycle would have to be in there. And Group, well cause it's a group!

Action would be a good word - that's what we want right, action for bikers?

Ireland would be good too - it's where we are after all.

Now let's see... Ireland Action Motorcycle Group... no. Group Motorc... no. Motorcycle Ireland Action Group... nearly there... ahh... Motorcycle Action Group Ireland. Got it!

;)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement