Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather station website

Options
  • 18-09-2007 9:39am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to build a weather station and website for a boat club, so I'm not looking for a vast amount of information, just reliable basic figures. I have no experience of digital weather stations so I thought you guys may be able to help me out in terms of makes and suppliers? We also need to produce this information on our website so again any recommendations for software packages which again are user friendly for people with non meteorological backgrounds. Our budget is; up and running for under €1000.

Many thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

The vantage pro2 is your best choice.This station is built for land or sea and boat clubs.

If buying this equipment both in cable or wireless,you have to purchase the datalogger seperate.This stores the info from the console and transfere's it to the weatherlink software thats supplied with the datalogger via usb to pc.
    It has on screen info from the console and stores all previous uploaded data for years etc.

To dispaly my data online,i use weather display and weather display live.This is similar to the weatherlink software but is FTP'd into weather display from my pc.
    http://www.irlweather.com/snowbie.htm

http://www.irlweather.com/wdl.html

The whole package can cost less than 1000,but depends on the type of VP2 you buy.

There is also other stations that are far cheaper and other software like virtual weather station(VWS) but with the price tag you supplied,the vp2 is within your limit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Thanks for your advice Snowbie :)

Advertisement