Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying lessons one more time

Options
  • 18-09-2007 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi.I am thinking about buying a flying lesson for my husband as a gift for our wedding anniversary. He's crazy about planes and I know nothing about them
    :( That's why I need some advice. I found 2 places where you can buy flying lessons:
    The Pilot Training College in Waterford
    National Flight Centre in Co. Kildare
    I am sure there are more of them but if you could either tell me what you think about these two or recommend some other place where I could buy a lesson I'd be extremely grateful.
    Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Jakey

Where are you based? Ormand flying club in Birr have voucher lessons for €160 (1hr) and €80 (30mins) in their eurostar.
    http://www.ormandflyingclub.com/html/the_aircraft.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sunshine_82

I am based in Dublin but we are going to spend the weekend just before the anniversary in Waterford-that's why I was looking for something either near Dublin or near Waterford.But thank you anyway:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Hi,

I train full time at PTC in waterford, id say its a pretty good option if youre down in waterford, there are some real nice views over waterford & you can go fly up around the comeraghs etc.

You could even sit in on the flight in the back seat if you wanted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Waterford is a pretty good option.

Weston (Kildare) is also reasonable but tis very busy from an air traffic point of view!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

I would suggest Dublin with NFC for the simple reason that you cannot guarantee the weather in Waterford that particular weekend. He might have to book several times in order to get the flight. Driving all the way down to Waterford to fly might be a bit of a pain. Having said that PTC do some work out of Weston and maybe the flight could be done there.

Either option is pretty good though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Hey how are ya! thats a great idea here is the link for every flying club in the Country, happy hunting!!

http://flyinginireland.com/flyingclubs.htm

By the way you should go up too!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sunshine_82

Thank you very much, I have already bought one hour for my husband and now I cannot wait to see his reaction!!!Especially that he's wanted to do it for years but it was too expensive for us-we are both from Poland and the costs of flying lessons there are unbelievably high compared to the earnings.
    And flying is not for me, I am too cowardly, I am afraid even when I fly as a passenger, let alone being a pilot...
    Thank you very much for your responses.

Advertisement