Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revoking Credit Card Payment???

Options
  • 18-09-2007 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Brief summary:-
    Bought item on net 1.5weeks ago. Cost €600
    Large company, but only about 66% positive reviews.

They say item dispatched 2 days later & was to be delivered within 1 week.
    Courier said several days later that they hadn't received it.
    Company said defo sent.
    It seems never to have appeared on couriers system.

Anyway, there's now a lost parcel investigation.
    Could take 7-10 days.
    Then going from reviews, they prob tell me parcel is lost, I'll have to wait weeks for a replacement to come in stock & then they'll prob send an inferior product in about a months time.

As you can imagine I'm extremely p!ssed off, so I want to cancel.
    I'm phoning them today, but I'm sure they won't be too keen to allow me to cancel.

Is there a way I can get my credit card to revoke the payment?

I'm completely clueless when it comes to this, so all advice greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    BB

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Your credit card company can reverse the charge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Thanks Jonny.

How do I go about doing this? MY bank is AIB, & my credit card is Mastercard which I got through AIB.
    Which of these do I have to contact?

Also, what proof do I have to give, & how long does it generally take?

Is there any way the internet company can prevent them from reversing the charges?

Sorry for all the questions

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ring AIB and tell them what has happened and they will tell you exactly what you need!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Marathon_Man

Buying items from the net is covered by distance selling regulations. You have a 7 day cooling off period in which to return the goods after they are received.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/consumer-affairs/consumer-protection/consumer-rights/distance_selling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

BoozyBabe wrote:
    Large company, but only about 66% positive reviews.
    Was this an eBay transaction? Did you pay using Paypal?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

only 66% positive reviews and you bought a pretty expensive item from them?

Very bad move

Advertisement