Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Battery replacement..any cheaper?

Options
  • 17-09-2007 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

I have a Dell Inspiron 1300 and badly need to replace the battery.

The price on the dell site is around 170E which i cant afford.

Has anyone here ever bought one on Ebay or something similar?To be honest i would nt like to chance it so any alternatives out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Japseye

Hey Beans,

Ive bought 5-6 laptop batteries off ebay, most come from Hong Kong, never had a bad experience, usually get them delivered after 2 weeks , they cost me between €40 - €50 including shipping, alot better than getting from the dell site . Oh and the quality seems to be good , the battery life seemed to be fine on all of them .

Well thats just my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,080 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Have bought one off ebay. Was a UK power seller who sells lots of batteries, so seemed safe enough and delivered in a few days, battery still fine almost two years on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Purcahsed one recently from a store on eBay - no difficulties so far.

Advertisement