Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 1200ES not impressed with the sound

Options
  • 17-09-2007 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a Sony 1200 ES AV receiver on the recommendation of What Hi ,as I was not in a position to audition a selection of Amps alas. I am not impressed with its performance at all . It appears to struggle to power my Monitor audio speakers and does not give a decent sound volume to a 5.1 set up at -24db So far I have not felt engulfed in surround sound at any point . I set it up as instructions .Not happy .

set up is.sony 1200 es, denon 1930 dvd. monitor audio br 5 speakers at front ,brclr centre, monitor audio br 1 at rear

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Mr.Micro wrote:
    I recently bought a Sony 1200 ES AV receiver on the recommendation of What Hi ,as I was not in a position to audition a selection of Amps alas.

Thats unfortunate,as you already know a big mistake is buying without auditioning.A magazine is worth a buy to give you a rough guide to what is available but thats all it should be.Sound is subjective so the only way to buy is listening yourself, even if it means spending more in a bricks and mortar its worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

padi89 wrote:
    Thats unfortunate,as you already know a big mistake is buying without auditioning.A magazine is worth a buy to give you a rough guide to what is available but thats all it should be.Sound is subjective so the only way to buy is listening yourself, even if it means spending more in a bricks and mortar its worth it in the end.

Thanks padi89 .I will audition in future ( not easy in Ireland as there are few high end hi fi outlets) and hopefully get a good amp possibly the Arcam 350

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Mr.Micro wrote:
    Thanks padi89 .I will audition in future ( not easy in Ireland as there are few high end hi fi outlets) and hopefully get a good amp possibly the Arcam 350
    Cloney have a demo unit of the Arcam 350 for €1700 (normally €2400). Light years ahead of Sony stuff.

Advertisement