Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Scrapage

Options
  • 17-09-2007 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

how does one go about getting a car scrapped and are there any costs involved?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I drove mine into the scrapper on Naas road, paid 50 or 60 quid.
    You shaved with it the other day :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

No costs involved unless you want to pay a scrapyard to take it off you.

All manufacturers in Ireland contribute towards a fund to have vehicles recycled, check with your local authority for nearest place to bring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

It's amazing that given the fanfare that came with the announcement that this scheme was going to be put in place, like this: http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/motors/2006/1011/1160340203463.html

that there is hardly any useful information out there now that it actually is in place. I've yet to find a list of the location of the 45 centres that were supposed to be designated under the scheme, or even a local list published on a County Council or main dealership/manufacturer website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Abandon it outside a scrapyard for free and remove the chassis and registration numebrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

did i not hear that you can get money for scrapage or is that to do with buying a brand new car? i didn't think id have to pay to get my car scraped. hoping to get rid of my baby mid may. living in northside dublin. any no of a scrapage yard in that area??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

why give money to a scrap yard...someone will buy it...donedeal it or still better ebay....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Bring it to a designated metal recyling yard and they will issue a certificate of destruction there and then and a copy goes to Shannon. You car will be crushed according to their schedule.

Hammond Lane in Ringsend is one I know of but there must be at least one appointed recycling centre in north county Dublin too.

Advertisement