Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does the NCT exam usually take

Options
  • 17-09-2007 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My car is due to be NCTed next Tuesday (lunch time) and I was wondering how long it usually takes to be NCted. I just wanted to know should I take time off work for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

i had nct done a few months ago. i arrived too early but they tested my car straight away - probably had a cancellation. it takes about half a hour i think it will depend on how busy they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

billyhead wrote:
    Hi,

My car is due to be NCTed next Tuesday (lunch time) and I was wondering how long it usually takes to be NCted. I just wanted to know should I take time off work for it.

You should allow one hour for the test itself, though you will most likely be 40 minutes from start to finish. Try get in about 15 minutes early tops, there is no point in showing up early as you won't be called in uber early. Oh, and bring something to read, especially if you are called in late; it is a killer of a wait when it's behind time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Any time I've been over they've had it done in less than 3/4 hour. If you're booked there early in the morning then turning up a bit earlier might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jlang

I agree on turning up a few minutes early if you're in a rush to get away - I was about 20mins early and directed to park next in line at the gate. I was driving away, test complete, 10 minutes after the appointment time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭redtom

Had mine done back in march or april, whole thing took about 12 mins from when the guy says "have a seat there" to "your car's ready".....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah they usually take about 30 - 45 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Got my girlfriends car NCT this morning . Took 30 mins.
    The test time was 8.30am I showed up at 8.00am they started the test almost straight away and I was back driving at 8.34am.

Advertisement