Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine issue

Options
  • 17-09-2007 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭

I got a new washing machine and installed fine.

On the prewash it started to leak on the inside from the drum.

I rang the place I bought it from (Shop chain who everyone knows) an they wont replace it until a engineer from teh company have a look at it.

Can I say I dont want it fix and say I wont a new replacement instead?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Basically they have to see if its a manufacting, installation or delivery fault before they can say to replace/repair it. My dryer was out of service for 2 months and it was brand new, in the end I got a new one again for the troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Trampas

2 months. That long. Clothes wont wash themselves. Will have to go back to the folks with my washing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well I would advise that you ask for a replacement is its less than a month old. If its only a few days old they should give you a replacement straight away!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

As it never worked you should not pay any callout charge but let the chain pay it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

Sponge Bob wrote:
    As it never worked you should not pay any callout charge but let the chain pay it instead.

no call out as its under warrenty -only thing i can think of is that they are wondering how you know its leaking inside the drum,did you look inside or under the machine? most leaks are caused by mis installation of washing machines ,for example forgetting to take the transit brackets out is the most common as this can split the drum after a couple of washes ,but if it failed on installation they should just replace straight away -can you name the chain you bought it from-is it d.i.d or power city

• Advertisement

knighted wrote:
    no call out as its under warrenty -only thing i can think of is that they are wondering how you know its leaking inside the drum,did you look inside or under the machine? most leaks are caused by mis installation of washing machines ,for example forgetting to take the transit brackets out is the most common as this can split the drum after a couple of washes ,but if it failed on installation they should just replace straight away -can you name the chain you bought it from-is it d.i.d or power city

I went into the util room after few mins to see how it was going and I noticed suds on the ground. So I drainned the machine using the emergency tube at the from. Took the machine out and if you are facing the machine it was on the left handside just back from the front. I tilted the machine over a little bit to feel around inside. Well I didn't do it all on my I had someone to help.

I first though when I seen the water that maybe a connector had come lose but nope.

It was the first time to use the machine so no clothes in the machine. Just the prewash to clean all the pipes before putting the close in.

a couple of days before an engineer arrives I was told by the manufactuer.

It was one of them shops

seeing as though it failed on installation i would insist on replacing the machine imediately which is your right and they really should have offered straight away -if the engineer doesnt fix it correctly or doesnt have the part etc then you will wait another few days -the machine is faulty so you should really get it replaced or get your money back -

An engineer is coming today.

Will post to say what he says

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Trampas wrote:
    An engineer is coming today.

Will post to say what he says
    In this case you wouldn't even have to accept a repair you could just demand a replacement straight away.

They wont replace until an engineer looks at it first

• Advertisement

in the case of failing first time ,you are entitled to a replacement -in effect what you have bought is a broken machine which is about to be repaired so your machine is classed as 'class b' -the shop really should have sent you a new one straight away -

it would be different if you had been using the machine for a while and then it broke ,in that case you would have to wait for an engineer

only other thing i can think of is that you picked the machine up from the shop yourself and transported it home -by not using thier delivery service they cant assume that it was transported correctly and in that case they will not offer a replacement straight away

Delivered it was.

I ordered a different one and that was no longer been made as we order months ago so we got the upgraded one for free.

We got a few things delivered in one go and the washing machine never arrived and they never called to say it would not be coming.

The delivery man just said that he had no washing machine so had to wait a few days to get this one and then doesn't work.

I am running out of clean clothes

you are being too nice then -ring up and get a new one your entitled to it and dont take no for an answer -tell them it failed on install there fore you dont have to wait on engineer

All sorted.

New machine coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Who was the retailer?

Hotpoint washing machine yeah?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Who was the retailer?

Hotpoint washing machine yeah?
    You assumed it's a Hotpoint due to it being faulty on delivery?

byte wrote:
    You assumed it's a Hotpoint due to it being faulty on delivery?

No not really just force of habbit, i assumed it was a hotpoint because 90% of the service calls i got when i worked in retail were for hotpoint appliances. I used to do everything i could to persuade a customer not to buy a Hotpoint.
    Every salesman in the shop was the same. They just cause too much grief, grief like people shouting down the phone at you because thier new fridge wont cool and the babys milk is going off. There is very little you can do in that situation personally but as far as the customer is concerned its completely your fault.
    If i answered the phone to a customer and they said they wanted to place a service call that thier washer dryer had just flooded the kitchen i would automatically ask, was it a hotpoint and the vast majority they would reply, yes how did you know. This might happen once a week.

But hey, its cheap and silver so most people dont look past that and just buy it. The amount of service calls may have been related to the volume sold but still we used to push customers away from them whenever possible

It wasn't Hotpoint

Trampas wrote:
    It wasn't Hotpoint

Who was the manufacturer and who was the retailer? If they got you sorted without any hastle you should let people know as much as you would let them know if they were to mess you about :)

Zanussi and PC

• Advertisement
Advertisement