Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Unleash the) Fury

Options
  • 16-09-2007 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

This is a purely PVP game, which is releasing mid October. Has anyone tried the beta for this game? I have tried it a little, but my internet connection is pretty crap, so I couldn't do much, plus you need a pretty new system to play it smoothly.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

A friend of mine highly recommended this to me. I'm currently downloading it, and am about 30% through.

I'll make another post later tonight and let you know what I think.

From what I've read so far it looks like a more arcade-y/"eXtreme" version of guildwars. Which can only be a good thing ;)

Also the character customisation seems far in excess of Guild wars, again, only a good thing.

Finally, the lack of any PvE content means they have more time to focus on the PvP content which again, can only be a good thing :)

All in all, I'm thinking Guild wars... but good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Ok, I've been playing it for the last 4 hours or so and I'm somewhat undecided.

Its good, dont get me wrong, but there are a few issues with it.

Firstly, its incredibly hectic. When you start out, you are thrown into "Bloodbath" which is a 32 player, free for all which is very infuriating and satisfying at the same time.

The abilties are kinda cool, nothing like Dark Age of Camelot or even WoW in terms of power level. In fact alot of the main abilties are just normal nukes with the added twist that they "add to a specific element". Some powers use the elements from your pool in order to activate. Other abilities are polar opposites of some, for example water based abilties are healing, removing buff type abilties. Using them increases your water charges. Which in turn increases their effectiveness. However, some water abilties consume charges and using fire abilties adds to your fire charges or removes a water charge if you have one.

The fire abilties are reduced in effectiveness if you have water charges until you start to build up fire charges at which point they again, increase in effectiveness.

The game is way more complex than Guild wars, alot more frustrating in places but I think overall, it has the substance to go a few rounds with WoW. I expect alot of people to be drawn to fury, simply based on the fast paced PvP.

Its very skill oriented both in play style but also in kitting out your character.

There isnt a skill limit per sé, but rather you have a total number of equip points. Each piece of armor and ability requires a certain amount of equip points therefore limiting you. Increasing your rank from kills, increases your total amount of equip points.

All in all, I'd recommend everyone gives it a go and see what you think. Especially since its still in open beta for the rest of this week. (ignore what it says on file planet, even non-subscribers can take part during the week).

Advertisement