Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipod touch rivals

Options
  • 16-09-2007 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

what other players are out there that would be competitors to the ipod touch? Personally I like the touch screen and wifi features on it. The things that currently put me off buying one are the small memory size and it only supports two audio and two video formats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The new Creative Zen would be in a similar bracket as the touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

The Archos 605 is a good alternative, its got lots of memory sizes
    2 GB Flash (with a SD slot for expansion)
    30/40 GB HDD
    160 GB HDD

It also has Wifi and touch screen and is available now.

The only drawback is it aint as beautiful as the apple ipod touch/iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There's the Cowon A3 which will be out soon - preview here: http://iaudiophile.net/news.php?extend.299

No fancy touchscreen, and a bit pricey, but there's 30 or 60GB hard disks, support for lots of different formats, and possibly an optional DVB-T tuner (but thanks to that Green Party douche and the tools before him, that'll be no use outside Dublin for some time).

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

although I have to say the touch screen and wifi are definitely what appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Actually, I just noticed the Cowon Q5, which does both of those things. Dunno too much about it, or who sells it, but it's even more expensive - €650 for the 40GB version!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

WezzyB wrote:
    The Archos 605 is a good alternative, its got lots of memory sizes
    2 GB Flash (with a SD slot for expansion)
    30/40 GB HDD
    160 GB HDD

It also has Wifi and touch screen and is available now.

The only drawback is it aint as beautiful as the apple ipod touch/iphone.

Yes if you dont mind what it looks like, then you cant beat the archos 605. Check out youtube, theres plenty of vids. Have being using mine for nearly all my video viewing and web browsing. Delighted with it. If you do get a media player, get one that plays xvids/divx!

Advertisement