Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accomodation In Prague

• 16-09-2007 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

I am heading out to here in November and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of somewhere to stay? Nothing too flash, we are going here because money is tight :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I usuall stay in Hotel Atlantic http://www.hotel-atlantic.cz/en/, its not bad plus its very central..only minutes from old square and all the other sites, think it works out just under 50 euro each per night...cheaper if you go during week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Go for an apartment - much cheaper and (IMO) handier.
    www.marys.cz are great - have used them a few times.
    www.pragueapartment.cz have some very nice apartments on the corner of Vodickova (#40) and Wenceslas Square. Note that there are a lot of apartments (with many different names) at Wenceslas Square 36 (above Marks and Spencer) but stag groups tend to go here - although maybe not so many in November...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Thanks, I'll check them all out. There are only 2 of us, I thought apartments are better for crowds?

boreds wrote:
    Thanks, I'll check them all out. There are only 2 of us, I thought apartments are better for crowds?
    Plenty of studio and one bed apartments around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

Pyramidia hotel.Good spot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

Go for an apartment - much cheaper and (IMO) handier.
    www.marys.cz are great - have used them a few times.
    www.pragueapartment.cz have some very nice apartments on the corner of Vodickova (#40) and Wenceslas Square. Note that there are a lot of apartments (with many different names) at Wenceslas Square 36 (above Marks and Spencer) but stag groups tend to go here - although maybe not so many in November...

Have used marys.cz before too, would recommend them, you can get them to pick you up from the airport too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Any other suggestions of nice hotels as opposed to apartments? We're heading over for the Oct Bank Holiday weekend and looking for a nice hotel..

Ta

boreds: in November you should be able to get great apartment deals from Mary's. On their website around that time of year, they always have apts for 20 or so percent off if you book at short notice.

hot fuss: Renaissance Hotel is meant to be nice enough. 4 star I think. Moving nicer, you could try the Radisson SAS off Wenceslas Sq or the very posh Corinthia Towers out in the suburbs. There's a Marriott and Hilton around too...

Yeah I've been looking at the Mary's website last night. It's great, I think an apartment is the best idea. thanks padraig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

just for anyone not getting picked up, if you're getting a taxi from outside the airport, only get the "AAA" cabs they'll have a sticker on the door and are white as far as I recall, cross the road where the taxis are just outside the airport door and there'll be another rank of "AAA" cabs, the one's just outside will ride ya...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

hotel union is good, BIG rooms and it's only 5 mins to the centre on the tram... (trams every 4 mins)

http://www.hotelunion.cz

Whats the difference beyween old town and new town? Which would you recommend to stay in?

Advertisement