Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks....not already!

Options
  • 16-09-2007 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Was woken up this morning by kids on the street setting off bangers and screamers, its gonna be a long october. Anyone else hear any yet?`

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 emilyc

I've been hearing them since August :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Sparklers, starlights.
    D'ya want some bangers, love?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

OP,if you don't mind me asking where are you located? We've had them here the last 2 weeks but not too many thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭constellation

That's my cue. Time to go get that Christmas tree....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Ah the time of year is upon us again can't remember if it was two years or a year ago but a lad brought to school and light it horizantally and hit went through a bag and made a gash in a girls leg some way to celebrate halloween

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

|Cookies wrote:
    ahh a trip up north is needed soon=)
    My thoughts. Do the guards actualy pull over people coming back from the north? :confused:

Flunked wrote:
    My thoughts. Do the guards actualy pull over people coming back from the north? :confused:
    The days of border guards are long gone.

As long as you don't drive like a maniac, you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Heard a few last night down here in Limerick! :D must say i love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Don't get me wrong, come October 31st, they're f*cking great but anytime before or after they're a pox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭Archeron

A massive explosion in the sky last night over the field behind my house caused my timid little red setter to charge into the house at mach 2, lose control on the tiles in the hall, and skid face first into a coat stand causing it to fall over. I love halloween, just cant wait for the huge fires built dangerously close to the houses too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Fireworks can be seen and heard, from August until November, making a guest appearance for new years and christmas weeks in my home town. In fact if they were being let off last night, then that incident may not have happened....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

jaysus, thankfully they've been pretty quiet around here. Used to be, every year from the beginning of Sept or the schools going back it would be beirut every night. TG it's got to mid Sept without too much.

The poor mutt's nerves do be shattered by November rolls around. Hard to get her out for her constitutionals at all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Archeron wrote:
    A massive explosion in the sky last night over the field behind my house caused my timid little red setter to charge into the house at mach 2, lose control on the tiles in the hall, and skid face first into a coat stand causing it to fall over. I love halloween, just cant wait for the huge fires built dangerously close to the houses too.

Please tell me you managed to post it on youtube- hope the little fella is ok.

On a serious note, I don't mind friework's a few day's before Hallowen, but it's a bit too early now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I hate this time of the year because the local idiots set off bangers a lot and they freak out my dogs.

I would destroy them all given the chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It's that time of year for cats to go a-missing again...... :cool:

Happy days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

love halloween and all the bangers and that stuff for sum reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Hopefully some careless skangers will lose some fingers! Happens every year.

Does that sound cruel and harsh? Feck them, they know the risks and they won't do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Heard a couple last night, people head over the border to Indiana (about a hundred yards from the Indy/Illinois border) to get fireworks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

micmclo wrote:
    Hopefully some careless skangers will lose some fingers! Happens every year.

Does that sound cruel and harsh? Feck them, they know the risks and they won't do it again.

Won't or can't? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

They should be banned and made illegal.. Oh hang on, they already are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Strangely I haven't heard any yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭North&South

Hi, I'm in the UK & our fireworks night isn't until Nov 5th......
    We also live in Blackpool & have the Fireworks World Championship going on at the moment, every Friday night - spectacular too, but VERY noisy!

We have a deaf spaniel & a VERY chilled out Basset - neither of whom flinch so much as an eyelid when the fireworks can be heard! :D

Good luck with the run up to your official fireworks evening - let's hope the injury statistics are kinder this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭Archeron

Hi, I'm in the UK & our fireworks night isn't until Nov 5th......
    We also live in Blackpool & have the Fireworks World Championship going on at the moment, every Friday night - spectacular too, but VERY noisy!

We have a deaf spaniel & a VERY chilled out Basset - neither of whom flinch so much as an eyelid when the fireworks can be heard! :D

Good luck with the run up to your official fireworks evening - let's hope the injury statistics are kinder this year.

Are fireworks legal in the UK?

Archeron wrote:
    Only if you promise not to blow up the houses of parliament.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭North&South

Archeron wrote:
    Hmmm.... depends on what you mean by legal......

But yes, as an adult, if I wanted to host a fireworks party in my back yard, I could. You cannot use fireworks after 11pm, except for certain evenings - Nov 5th, New year, Chinese New Year, etc etc.
    You have to be 18 & over to purchase & use - then there's the standard 'do not set them off in daft places' rules, as expected.

Here in Blackpool, we have a few all-year firework shops :rolleyes:
    But on the whole, it's usually this time of year when the kids get their hands on them....

Anyway, Terry... WHY can't we blow Westminster up? Seems like a great idea to me!! :D

Seemed like a great idea to Guy Fawkes too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well time for the Mairt'o family to head north and stock up, costs me a bleed'n fortune every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

I was sitting outside the gingerman (pub in Dublin, with a two or three tables out the front on the street) and there was only me, my friend and two girls at another table there. One of the girls at the other table suddenly jumped up and started shouting at me to get up, I didn't know what was wrong with her so I just jumped up and moved out of the way, then surprise surprise HUGE bang! Some little knacker kid had thrown a banger in at us and it went off under my chair. Good thing that girl had seen it coming over or I probably would've pissed myself from the shock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Don't worry people, the massive impending garda crackdown will silence the skys like it did last year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

gurramok wrote:
    Don't worry people, the massive impending garda crackdown will silence the skys like it did last year :D

well it did out my way, two years ago ballybrack was like vietnam on h/w night (more so than usual) but last year it was very quiet.

Advertisement