Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Stairs

Options
  • 16-09-2007 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hiya,
    I am hoping ye might be able to give me an idea of how much on average a timber stairs should cost. We are hoping to have it made of red deal ( which will be painted white ) with solid oak/walnut steps and handrail. Any suggestions would be really appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to woodcraft. Pinky123, I think the stair experts frequent this forum. You might get a bit more advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Pinky123 wrote:
    Hiya,
    I am hoping ye might be able to give me an idea of how much on average a timber stairs should cost. We are hoping to have it made of red deal ( which will be painted white ) with solid oak/walnut steps and handrail. Any suggestions would be really appreciated

Pinky: just wondering why paint the stringers and go HW for the rest?
    Have u reflected on how the spindles and newel posts will 'blend in' with a painted stringer?

However try http://www.mcnallyjoinery.ie/ for a quote: it will be top end but they do a master job

Carpenters - North DublinCentral Joinery Unit 33, Blackwater Road Dublin Industrial Estate Glasnevin Dublin 11 Tel: 01 8600095, I have used also: I got them by googling for Central joinery but loads of others come up

you will need to give then the vertical height and they should be able to quote: half landings and turns etc will add to cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 north gone west

Hi Pinky 123,
    Did you have any joy getting the stairs you wanted. We are currently looking for something the same as you were. Any pointers welcome..

Advertisement