Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Clubcard Deals vouchers - not such a good deal afterall

Options
  • 16-09-2007 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

HI All,
    Would appreciate your thoughts on this....
    For that last few months Tesco have been letting customers exchange their normal clubcard vouchers for 'deals' vouchers that you are able to spend in other shops. The real bonus, is they give you back 4 times the value (I think it's 4 times..)
    So I exchanged mine, and got EUR30 for Apache pizza, to be used within 6 months. In the T+C I noted they could not be used on conjunction with any other vouchers (e.g. free garlic bread, etc, etc,). No issue there.
    So, I ring through an order for a pizza costing EUR11, and go down to collect it. When I produced the voucher, I was told that price was for a take out 'special', and the exact same pizza would cost me EUR16, if I wanted to use the voucher (EUR10). I protested, and asked me to show where that was indicated.
    To be fair, as the guy could not prove it, he let me have it for the EUR11. But when I went home, I checke the t+c, and I think he was right. 90% of the options people will choose are some sort of special (expecially for families), and therefore will cost a lot more to buy via the vouchers.
    I was going to complain to Tesco's and point this out to them, but maybe I am over-reacting. I got EUR60 worth of vouchers to be used in TGI Fridays, and I'm wondering will I end up paying more then a cash paying customer. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭hughowen

Tesco line on this is that they have no control over the price that you will be charged on your purchase. A special offer is still available to you at the price that is stated on the offer and it doesn't matter if you have vouchers or not you pay that price. What happened there is this guy got mixed up and thinks that you are using 2 'special offer' (price discount for takeaway and Tesco deal) under the same voucher. It is Apaches offer to reduce the price for you, as you have no control over that, that is the price you pay(or not) and Tesco offer to discount your vouchers....
    You are entitled to your pizza for the price that they charge you with cash. i.e The offer price over the counter and you can pay with the Vouchers you received from Tescoas these are cash vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Thanks - thats interesting. Would Tesco's opinion be that any retailer they issue these vouchers for be treating the vouchers the same as cash? I might try that angle.
    I am just wondering if anyone else has come across similar issues using them? Was this a one off issue? i.e. local Apache issue/All Apache's issue/other.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Apache Pizza are brutal.
    I tried to order 7 pizzas for a kids birthday party and the guy thought I was taking the mick and started screaming and roaring down the phone.
    I offered to pay for the order using a credit card but he continued screaming and roaring.
    The worst thing was I had pre rung them the previous day to warn them I would be ordering them :(
    Never again rang Dominoes and ordered with no problems.

Noticed on the Dantes restaurant offer
    DRINKS not included using the vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

i used the vouchers in Hard Rock Cafe - it also stated that they could not be used for drinks - but when it came to paying they treated them like cash i.e drinks were also allowed - don't know if that was a mistake or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Rashers72 wrote:
    Would appreciate your thoughts on this....
    Yes, mistake #1 was going to Apache in the first place.

I was tempted to redeem my points for Insomnia vouchers.

As with any offer of this type, terms and conditions always apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Tessie

I was tempted to redeem my points for Insomnia vouchers.

I used mine in Galway, soon as I mentioned voucher she knew which ones I was talking about, they get them all the time. Bought a lovely pastry, mmmm.

Advertisement