Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irsh Broadband.. Cancelling Contract?

Options
  • 15-09-2007 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭

Okay heres the dealio:

Got Irish Broadband last week, Ripwave 1MB. The Breeze couldn't be installed where I live. Anyway the download speeds are ****e, as I expected. And thye coverage is off/on. My flat is down very low alright, so it's not entirely their fault. Is there anyway they would let me cancel my account even though I am in for six months?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

as you admit you knew it was crap before you bought the service I am inclined to say 'tough' but you can ask them and see what they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Well I knew that the Ripwave was slow enough, but not totally unuseable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

No chance at all of getting Breeze installed instead if they want to you to stick with 6 months ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I cancelled mine within 6 months. Just told them I had no coverage where I was after I had moved. No problems, they just arranged to collect the modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I tried Breeze.. They can't install it in my place though.. It's an Apartment Block and it's too high apparently. I wanted NTL TV and Broadband but they said only digital was available and not the Broadband.. I thought these problems would disappear once I moved out of the stix but I'm in Dublin city centre and still struggling to get anything :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

consumer act : product not of merchantable quality: ie. not fit for purpose for which it was sold> tell them this ..surprised if they give you any hassle terminating a contract which is not legally binding.. if they say its legally binding and your laptop/ computer is in working order then the fault must be with the service provider..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I thought that Ripwave had no minimum contract period, meaning you can cancel it at any time. If it's not working then they more than likely couldn't enforce a contract term, if there was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

jor el wrote:
    I thought that Ripwave had no minimum contract period, meaning you can cancel it at any time. If it's not working then they more than likely couldn't enforce a contract term, if there was one.
    That was the case before October 06. Now there's a minimum 6 month contact. However if you call them up say you're getting **** signal and they can see it ontheir end, they'll cancel it for ya without having to pay the remainder of your contract or a cancellation fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

As far as i know ripwave has always had a 6 month contract. It had when i briefly had it in january anyway

you can return it within 28 days of purchase for a full refund

Advertisement