Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got the wrong runners from ebay, can u change them in a shop??

Options
  • 15-09-2007 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on this. I bid on a pair of white Nike Air Max on ebay last week, and i won them. So I received them in the post yesterday, and they are nothing like the picture of them. For a start, they're not even white, but BLACK!!

So I was gonna go down to Champion Sports tomorrow and see could i just change them for a different pair of runners. They are brand new, in the box etc.

Would i be able to would anyone know??

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Without a receipt for the shoes from Champion Sports, they won't exchange them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Absolutely not.

If you buy them in a shop, you can pop in again if there's a problem, buy on Ebay, you fork out the postage costs to the Ebay seller if there's a problem.

Not a retailer in the country will take back/exchange them.

Edit: Hard luck on getting the wrong goods.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The only time a retailer ever HAS to take something back is when the goods are bought from them, and not as described or faulty. You are not going to get anywhere here.

Sorry for the bad news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Why don't you take it up with the ebayer or Ebay? If it's blatanty misdescribed you have recourse via them....not your local sports shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

You can lodge a complaint thru paypal and ebay because the seller obviously sold you the wrong pair of runners and misled you in your purchase. There is an option there when you go thru the complaints procedure. The sooner you do it the better chance you have of getting your money back. Contact the seller first and see if he will give you any satisfaction :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

sadly person to person transaction are not covered in usual consumer acts in Ireland or U.K. member of public buying for own use from a company or sole trader are. wish You well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭peteburnshndbag

Well i tried to cahnge them in all the sport shops but no luck..

The seller contacted me today and told me to send them back to him and he will send me the original pair i was meant to get,

But now i have to pay an extra 15Euro to post them back to him, so i dont even think i'll bother.

Does anyone know how i send these runners back, do i just go in the post office with them and hand them in, and they put them in the postage bag or whatever?? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭replytohere2004

Tell the seller to list the item again and you'll send them on to the winning bidder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

The seller contacted me today and told me to send them back to him and he will send me the original pair i was meant to get,

But now i have to pay an extra 15Euro to post them back to him, so i dont even think i'll bother.

Does anyone know how i send these runners back, do i just go in the post office with them and hand them in, and they put them in the postage bag or whatever?? Thanks

I'd presume you'd have to pack them!
    Why not use whatever packaging they came in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Are you seriously asking these questions?
    You buy something off ebay and then think you can exchange it in a high street sports shop? :confused:

And you don't know how to post something? Put the runners in the box they came in, wrap it in brown paper and go to the post office and send it back to the seller, making sure you get proof of posting.

If the seller won't cover your postal fees when he was the one who f*cked up, lodge a paypal claim against him - assuming you used paypal to pay him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

eth0_ wrote:
    You buy something off ebay and then think you can exchange it in a high street sports shop? :confused:

If this was possible, we'd all be millionaires from buying fake handbags/clothes/DVDs from eBay and getting a refund in the shops!!! Imagine...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

cast_iron wrote:
    Absolutely not.

Not a retailer in the country will take back/exchange them.
    There is a slim chance. I would doubt a major shop would, but a small retailer might, especially if you are talking to the owner/manager direct. I used to get bottles of brandy or gin as prizes or gifts at christmas and exchange them in a local offie for beer. I know others even did it in tesco.

BUT I always got a few less cans than the value- which is fair. The retailer is doing a transaction so has to make something. In champion it will mess up stocks and cost a lot in adminstration. A small retailer might accept them with some money, or give you a worse pair. Or you could say you will buy another pair ONLY if they exchange them too.

There is a chance they are fake though, and some retailers could well destroy/with-hold them if they were showed them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

eth0_ wrote:
    My thoughts exactly.
    do i just go in the post office with them and hand them in, and they put them in the postage bag or whatever
    Now you're taking the píss.

DonJose wrote:
    My thoughts exactly.

Now you're taking the píss.

I know i sound thick asking that, but i didnt mean how to literally post something.. I meant, do the post office take care of packaging large products for you for an extra fee or do you have to box and wrap the product and then give it in to them... I'm only new to Ebay and have never had to send a parcel anywhere before..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Some post offices sell the boxes but none of them give you them for free. Just get a big padded envelope from Easons or somewhere like that, pop in the runners, seal it up, take it to the post office, pay the postage and get proof of posting.

ellscurr wrote:
    Some post offices sell the boxes but none of them give you them for free. Just get a big padded envelope from Easons or somewhere like that, pop in the runners, seal it up, take it to the post office, pay the postage and get proof of posting.

Thanks for helping me out on that

Advertisement