Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Bord Gais account

Options
  • 14-09-2007 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Cannot believe the kind of stupidity I am receiving....

Basically, my house is sold and the account needs to be transferred (don't ask why I don't have the account transferred). Calling Bord Gais, the voice at the other line asked for the following:
    - name of new owner
    - his/her previous address
    - his/her contact number

Why/how would any seller, in the general sense, have such information? Is this just Bord Gais' way to continuing to suck one's blood? It is not like the buyer is a neighbour or a MEP......The address is not going to change, and a letter asking "The Occupier" re gas account setup will be just as effective....

And if the account is "forcibly" closed, then the new owner has to fork out EUR115. F**king red tape, this is.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

WUSBDesign wrote:
    Cannot believe the kind of stupidity I am receiving....

Basically, my house is sold and the account needs to be transferred (don't ask why I don't have the account transferred). Calling Bord Gais, the voice at the other line asked for the following:
    - name of new owner
    - his/her previous address
    - his/her contact number

Why/how would any seller, in the general sense, have such information? Is this just Bord Gais' way to continuing to suck one's blood? It is not like the buyer is a neighbour or a MEP......The address is not going to change, and a letter asking "The Occupier" re gas account setup will be just as effective....

And if the account is "forcibly" closed, then the new owner has to fork out EUR115. F**king red tape, this is.....

Just close the account, its not your house anymore so its not your concern
    if the new owners have to pay 115 quid to reconnect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭WUSBDesign

come on, we are not going to make Bord Gais more profitable by wreaking havoc among ourselves......?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Bugger, I posted a long reply about how Bord Gais messed us around after we moved in but it got lost.

anyway, they're a shower of eejits, some of their CS team don't have a clue how their organisation works or what's going on.

Myself and my gf were told completely contradictory things on the same day, by the same person, and then got cut off after being told we wouldn't. Took them most of a week to reconnect us.

Try calling back, you might get a different rep with a bit more sense.

Advertisement