Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandyford industrial estate to Cabinteely

Options
  • 13-09-2007 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I live in the Beacon South Quarter building (very near Luas line) in Sandyford industrial estate and I have been offered a job in Cabinteely but I don't know how I'd get there everyday as I do not own a car. Any suggestions?

Anyone know of any shuttles?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

very difficult without a car imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

buy a bike. 10 minutes each way!! ( Unless the job is in the Horse and Hound, in which case it is 10 minutes there and a hairy half hour home again ! ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

There is a private bus firm run from Bray called Finnegans. This does a shuttle service from Bray to the Sandyford Luas and back. On the way back it stops on the dual carriageway just across the road from Cabinteely Village. This might work out depending on times.

If your job is for boi or hp then I'm sure there'll be many people going to and from that direction too, you get in, make friends, and get a lift.

Cheers
    Howard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Considered walking it? Not sure where in cabinteely you want but i'd imagine it would not be much more then 6k - you could walk it in less then an hour. Very healthy too. But the bicycle would be the quickest option. You would probably need a working shower at work for either the walk/bike option.

I think the luas will be heading out that way in the near future - if they extend the luas further along the old harcourt street line by the rcecourse and through foxrock...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bobzi

if you walk down Leopardstown Road to the N11 (takes about 10 mins from the Luas station) you can get a 145, 84 or 46C to Cabinteely

• Advertisement
Advertisement