Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Article] Keolis shortlisted for Metro North contract

Options
  • 13-09-2007 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/business/2007/0913/metro.html
    Keolis shortlisted for Metro North contract
    Thursday, 13 September 2007 10:40

French firm Keolis has been shortlisted by the Railway Procurement Agency for the operating contract for Metro North in Dublin.

Keolis runs public transport systems in the French cities of Lyon, Lille and Rennes. It also runs a metro system at Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris.

The company employs 33,000 people worldwide, including 22,000 drivers in seven European countries and Canada.

Metro North will connect Swords and Lissenhall, via Dublin Airport, to St Stephen's Green in Dublin city centre.

The system is expected to transport 34 million passengers per year and connect customers from Dublin Airport to the city centre in less than 20 minutes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭constellation

For a moment there, I thought it said Veolia. One more nail in the coffin of integrated ticketing.

Anywho, don't they have to build it first?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

don't they have to build it first?
    A mere formality I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

not sure about this - I liked "Milkshake" but she hasn't done much since then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ad hoc

Keolis is among 5 shortlisted operators - Veolia is also shortlisted. The RPA also revealed two other shortlists for the rolling stock providers (includes CAF, Alstom and Bombardier) and the metro system developers. I've no idea why RTE decided to pick just one company from a list of 15????

The shortlisted companies from the 3 lists now have until November to organise themselves into Bidding Teams to proceed to the next stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭constellation

loyatemu wrote:
    not sure about this - I liked "Milkshake" but she hasn't done much since then...

At least she'll be honest and up front about not liking passengers.

"I hate you so much right now......aaaaaaaaagh" ;)

Back OT. Thanks for the info, ad hoc. Looks like RTE just cut and pasting a press release from Keolis. It's tough being a journalist, I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ad hoc

The RPA press release detailing the shortlisted companies:
    http://www.rpa.ie/upload/documents/Dublin Metro North Qualified Tender Candidates.pdf(0.34).pdf

Qualified Infrastructure Candidates:

Cathro (Fluor, BAM, Siemens, Strabag)
    Celtic Metro Group (Barclays Private Equity, OHL, Mitsui, Soares da Costa)
    Dublin Express Link (HSBC Infrastucture Fund Management, Meridiam Infrastructure Finance, Acciona, Bouygues, Siac, Alstom, Spie Rail)
    MetroExpress (Macquarie Bank, AIB, FCC, Caja Madrid, Bombardier)

Qualified Operator Candidates:

First Dublin Metro Limited.
    Keolis S.A.
    MTR Corporation Ltd
    Transdev Plc.
    Veolia Transport Ireland Limited

Qualified Rolling Stock Candidates:

Alstom Transport SA
    Ansaldobreda S.P.A.
    Bombardier Transportation (Holdings) UK Limited
    Contrucciones y Auxiliar de Ferrorcarriles (CAF) S.A.
    Siemens Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

When does the veolia contract for the luas need to be renewed?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The Irish Times in their article said they could not obtain information on who First Dublin Metro Limited were. Well, its a transport system, the company name begins with First, it doesn't take a lot of deduction to figure that the company is probably in some way connected with FirstGroup plc...

(I say probably, another operator might decide to use the name, but I would say it is almost certainly First...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Prof_V

When does the veolia contract for the luas need to be renewed?

As it's a five-year contract, presumably (if it's counted from opening) 2009. I believe there's an option to extend for a further five years without re-tendering if the RPA is sufficiently satisfied with performance, though.

Incidentally, does anyone know if any part of CIÉ bid for the Metro operation contract, or will bid when Luas comes up again? IÉ and Dublin Bus bid for Luas first time around, but didn't make the shortlist, and I've seen no evidence they're still interested, though equally nobody's come out and said they've given up on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

icdg wrote:
    The Irish Times in their article said they could not obtain information on who First Dublin Metro Limited were. Well, its a transport system, the company name begins with First, it doesn't take a lot of deduction to figure that the company is probably in some way connected with FirstGroup plc...

(I say probably, another operator might decide to use the name, but I would say it is almost certainly First...)
    It is owned by First, it's a division of First's UK and Ireland Rail division located in Paddington, London - I have that on good authority from a First employee who works in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Aquavid

loyatemu wrote:

My metro brings all the boys to Swords
    and they're like "It's better than cars"
    Damn right, it's better than cars
    I could take you
    but I'd have to charge

<aquavid gets his coat . . .>

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Aquavid wrote:
    My metro brings all the boys to Swords
    and they're like "It's better than cars"
    Damn right, it's better than cars
    I could take you
    but I'd have to charge

<aquavid gets his coat . . .>
    Funniest thing I've seen on Boards all week :D

Advertisement