Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ratoath - opinions?

Options
  • 13-09-2007 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi, I am thinking of moving to Ratoath from Clonsilla, I was wondering if anyone could advise if the traffic is bad at around 7am going into town? Was also wondering if anyone knows if there is a crisis with getting kids into the schools? Clonsilla is a nightmare!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I used to live there. The traffic there isn't too bad until you get out onto the N3. You could use the back roads to Ashbourne (if heading into Finglas or Dublin city centre) or Kilbride (which will get you to Tyrrelstown and Blanchardstown in no time).

If I was you I'd leave at about 6.45am if it's possible after 7 the N3 turns into a carpark with all the commuter from Cavan,Navan and Dunshaughlin.

I know one of the schools had to use the private boxes at the race course while the school building was being built/rebuilt. I think it's finished now. I would imagine there's a fair bit of competition for places in the schools. You could try Dunshaughlin. I think the schools out here pick kids up from Ratoath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jamiescott

thanks for that - N3 is a nightare even from clonsilla!!! Yeah I think the back roads are a good idea!! Cheers!

Traffic is terrible if you are going to the city centre. I have alot of family there and not only that but i lived at royal canal park finglas were you pass. And it would take me an hour and 30 mins to get the bus from there to the city centre . You have trains that pass the road . It was a nightmare . It got so bad that people were brining video cameras to show how bad it was.

Oh my god sounds dreadfull!!! Maybe thats why you can get lovely big houses for a lot less than in dublin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

jamiescott wrote:
    Maybe thats why you can get lovely big houses for a lot less than in dublin!!!

Not in Ratoath you can't.:D

• Advertisement

well they're not cheap - but a big 5 bed in ratoath would be around 800k - in carpenterstown you're talking 1.3k for something similar!!!!

Advertisement