Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing interest in drink

Options
  • 13-09-2007 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Hi guys Im starting to question why i spend so much money on drink just to act like a fool,tell people stuff I shouldnt and do stuff i really shouldn't do on a saturday night and then wake up feeling awful on Sunday morning. Im begining to think I should just go out with the lads and just drinl coke and/or water.

Can anyone show me the error of my ways?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

eoin2nc wrote:
    Hi guys Im starting to question why i spend so much money on drink

*faints in shock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It'll all look better after a few pints!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

*gibber* SSSSSLAP! wake the fcuk up! here *shoves pint of beer into hand* drink up, rookie

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't worry. Once you tried hanging out with your drunk friends while sober you'll find that the only way you can stand them drunk is by being drunk too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Try not drinking as much, I came to the same point a couple of months ago and I cut down on the drink a little. Instead of knocking down 10+ over the space of an evening Ive been drinking maybe 5 or 6. Instead of being all over the place Ive had more fun talking to people and the like, Ive also had more luck with the opposite sex because I'm not legless arse when talking to them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

yeah, as above, but y'll find that if you start out using a little bit of cop on and some self restraint you canhave a lot more fun, bonus is that if youpractice a bit you can build yer tolerance point therefore meaning that you will be better able to match yer mates but without the rapid onset of drunkenness that is occuring at the moment, if you do master this then eventualy you will get to the position of being able to utter the great expression 'Lightweight's' to all your friend who are getting drunk too quickly.

so in summation, dont quit the drink, reevaluate your aproach :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

eoin2nc wrote:
    Hi guys Im starting to question why i spend so much money on drink just to act like a fool,tell people stuff I shouldnt and do stuff i really shouldn't do on a saturday night and then wake up feeling awful on Sunday morning. Im begining to think I should just go out with the lads and just drinl coke and/or water.

Your in the wrong place telling us mate!!
    Them Saturday nights are the best why would you want to give them up????:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Tolerance people ! It's about working your way up to 10+ , you see a lot of rookies like youself OP see people like the brothers drinking and think I can do that ! You can't ! It has taken years of drinking to get to our stage ! So just practice, have a few tinnies at home, go to the pub a couple of evenings a week and build up to Saturday ! Do you think the Irish Rugby team will go out on Sat an play for 80 minutes without training before hand ? I think not youngun !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Troll, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

OP is a mole from drinkaware.ie don't listen to him it's a trick

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Know the one that's too many. So you can wave at it as you go past on the pink elephant rollercoaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

eoin2nc wrote:

Only one solution I'm afraid....

suicide_gun_sm.jpg

Shots are your answer. Take one tonight, you know it makes sense.

Advertisement