Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crying

Options
  • 12-09-2007 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

It saddens me to bring this to your attention, but it seems brother Mairt has admitted to crying -- not after having his last beer stolen, not after discovering a scratch on his paintwork -- but upon discovering that his son passed his exams.

Now I've anticipated the brethren's suggestions, and I've given him 110 dead arms (10 for every honour his son got), and a figure-four leg-lock (because he deserves it).

But as a general question -- is there any circumstances under which it is acceptable to shed a tear? It goes without saying that castration is the obvious exception, as long as the perpetrator and their family is quickly destroyed within 24 hours of the tear (one) being shed.

Any others?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm a Leeds fan so most Saturdays and the end of the season are often occasions for shedding tears. :( Although so far this season it's all tears of joy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

The death of my son.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

legspin wrote:
    The death of my son.

Completely understandable. Same here (although twas the auld fella not my son). And also when the dog died (I know I'm gonna get stick for that)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Was considering it after todays performance in the football.

Also from a ridiculously hot fajita.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭patrickc

Collie D wrote:
    Completely understandable. Same here (although twas the auld fella not my son). And also when the dog died (I know I'm gonna get stick for that)

nah dogs are part of us.. i.e they are one of the family

• Advertisement

When the beer runs out:(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

When you lose track of time and the last takeaway has closed. :(:p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Extremely hard & impacted faeces, & very hot curries may also bring an acceptable tear to one's eye.*

Ditto the birth of a child.**

* Or "eyes" if you're lucky enough to have two of them.

** But only if you are the father.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Can't think of too many reasons... beer running out is just piss poor planning. I always have a surplus. But when something like this happens it's hard not to shed a tear...

grolsch_beer_disaster.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Swines!.

A momentary lapse of self control and I get this :(

Actually I feel I re-deemed myself when I collect the lad from SCREAM and trust forth 12 can's of Druids cider into his paw's and dropped him off to another party :D

Oh, does it matter that I own a Staffordshire Bull Terrior?.. (who also likes a gargle too I might add!).

But to get serious for a moment.

I'm the softest fooker in the world, and I really couldn't contain my joy at our good news :D

Over the year's we've done everything together, we've fought/trained Martial arts together, go shooting & fishing together and from last night we're drinking together too!.

(Sorry still the proud Dad today :) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Drummo

Taken from a "men's rules" email I got.....

2: It is OK for a man to cry ONLY under the following circumstances:

(a) When a heroic dog dies to save its master.
    (b) The moment Angelina Jolie starts unbuttoning her blouse.
    (c) After wrecking your boss's car.
    (d) One hour, 12 minutes, 37 seconds into "The Crying Game".
    (e) When she is using her teeth.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Collie D wrote:
    And also when the dog died (I know I'm gonna get stick for that)

Just because he's not human doesn't mean he's not a close friend. Crying over the loss of a close friend is more than acceptable.

Advertisement