Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com Problem

Options
  • 12-09-2007 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

The A-holes sent me a 2nd hand game that they re-packaged!:mad: I've ordered lots of stuff from them in the last 2 years, everything was fine! But this is really annoying. I even checked the product listing to make sure I hadn't ordered a 2nd hand copy. :o

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/796930/Tomb-Raider-Legend/ProductReviews.html

"the game its self is extreamly enjoyable i am just so dissapionted that have been sent a second hand used and resealed scrached disc and worn case hopefully i can get a replacement. as i do not expect to pay £14.99 and get something that someone else has returned once before!"

Looks like I'm not the only person who this is happening to!:confused:

The box was dirty and covered in fingerprints, no microsoft seal on the side and to top it all off, a disc covered in scratches!!!:mad:

Anybody else had bad experiences with them!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'd email them and demand the 5quid difference back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

You mind me saying that after the years of good service maybe you shouldn't be so high up on that horse. I've always found them excellent but things can happen. As long as they sort it out then there's no real problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'd agree, its not satisfactory but e-mail them in a nice polite calm manner and see what they do, it could have been some eejit in the packing in the warehouse that got it wrong. Now if it happens again or you don't get anywhere, then its an issue........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Play are far from perfect. I ordered a box set from them a year or two ago and unfortunately one of the discs was faulty. They took it back ok, but sent out another faulty one, obviously from a bad batch. I asked them to check the next one before sending it out, and their response was that they couldn't, because their warehouse is in Jersey. Stupidest CS response I've heard yet.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

dahamsta wrote:
    Play are far from perfect. I ordered a box set from them a year or two ago and unfortunately one of the discs was faulty. They took it back ok, but sent out another faulty one, obviously from a bad batch. I asked them to check the next one before sending it out, and their response was that they couldn't, because their warehouse is in Jersey. Stupidest CS response I've heard yet.

adam
    Fairly poor excuse, but it could've just meant that their helpdesk is in a seperate location to the warehouse, and they have no facilities at the warehouse to test products...

I've never had a problem like that, OP. every game that I've bought off them has still been in the manufacturers plastic wrapping. definitely get in touch with them and request a replacement

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

tman wrote:
    Fairly poor excuse, but it could've just meant that their helpdesk is in a seperate location to the warehouse, and they have no facilities at the warehouse to test products...
    Absolutely, however competent CS is a primary factor in my decision to use a supplier - often beating price - and that's just so not competent.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

meglome wrote:
    You mind me saying that after the years of good service maybe you shouldn't be so high up on that horse. I've always found them excellent but things can happen. As long as they sort it out then there's no real problem.

My initial reaction was pretty calm! I thought, meh, this kind of thing happens. As I said, I even double checked to make sure that it wasn't me who was in the wrong.

I got angry when I realised that I wasn't the only person this was happening to and what it really shows is that play have a practice of sending out 2nd hand copies of a game to people knowing full well that most people won't bother sending it back because it was really cheap. That is what p*sses me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Now I'm pissed:mad:

I sent my damaged copy of Tomb Raider back to them and the said they'd send me out a new copy and refund the cost of shipping it over to them!!

So I get home yesterday to find a package from play.com and think to myself, hurray it came!

Except it didn't. What came was another clearly damaged, second hand copy of Tomb Raider, this time the disc was even more scratched than the last time and the box that was clearly tarnished!! To add insult to injury, it cost me ~€3.50 to send back the first copy, they only refunded me €1.20!!

If I go through the loops again I'm gonna get another second hand copy and be refunded less again. I've tried calling the number on their website but it says it unavailable!

I could ask for a refund, but I'll still be ~€5 out of pocket and have wasted a lot of my time!!!:mad:

Advice from anyone as to what you think my best course of action is here??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Are you ringing the number 0845 8001020 on the website? You can check that on www.saynoto0870.com and it lists 028 90921724 as a geographic number. From here it'll be 0044 28 90921724.

I don't know what you can say to them though. They've now sent you two 2nd hand games as new and have not refunded the postage as claimed. I'd be pretty pissed.

Advertisement