Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 38/A

Options
  • 12-09-2007 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi, Does anyone have any idea what traffic in cabra is like for this bus going into town in the morning?

Ill have to be in town for 830, what time should I be getting it at?

Ill be getting on at castleknock, and getting off at the rotunda hospital.

It does go by the hospital entrance doesnt it?

Do I have to go to Hawkins Street to get it home from town? Or can I get it from Parnell sq/O connell street?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=38
    You can ring the depot (703-3462) to get some idea about times.
    The bus stops on Parnell Square East, a few hundred metres from the hospital entrance. As far as I know it stops on Parnell Square West, and O'Connell Street, on the way out.

Aside: it's strange that the 38/A is not listed in the list of routes that serve Rotunda Hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

@ anonymous69

If you are getting the bus in Castleknock you will be only able to get te 38 as the 38a bypasses Castleknock and takes a slip road to the N3 near the hospital in Blanchardstown.

My experience with the 38 and 38a is that it hardly ever comes in time. Some mornings I have been waiting for 40+ minutes for a bus service that is meant to be running every 10 minutes. I have complained a number of times about the service and get told that most of the time the bus is held up in traffic on it way out of the city centre to Mulhuddart. This is true I imagine but it doesnt help the people that are stood waiting and waiting to get into the city centre.

If you got the bus in Castleknock around 7.30 - 8.00 it would probably take about 40 minutes to get to Parnell St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

I cannot speak about the Damastown to City journey in the morning, but if what City-Damastown was like during morning peak I don't envy you at all, buses doing routes out of service (I laughably one day phoned the garage to be told the bus that just went past out of service was not out of service, it was in service and I was lying!!!!) buses turning up late, or not at all. and nowhere near the right level of timetable as advertised, which then meant the bus would be full when it went past after Berkley road.

I've actually stood at O'Connell Street several times when I used to get that route reguarly and seeing as it only comes from Hawkins street sometimes in took 20 minutes to get to there, so a few days late I stood at Hawkins street to see drivers of 38/39 laughing and joking when they were due to leave, and in some cases only departing when their mate in the other bus that was due 10 minutes later did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Are you anywhere near the Castleknock train station? Get the 07.59 to Drumcondra and walk or 3/11/16/16A bus to Parnell Sq.

Advertisement