Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sallins to Clane/Kilcock - Road upgrade..?

Options
  • 12-09-2007 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I've noticed some work has started on the road outside Sallins on the way to Clane. Is this road due for an upgrade...and on to Kilcock?

Traffic can be pretty bad here and the stretch of road very narrow and winding.

Anyone any info on this....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Yes widening road from Bodenstown turn off to Sallins Village.

That's all that is being sone at the moment. The really bendy bit from Bodenstown to Blackhall will not be touched as far as I know even though it has been talked about for as may year as i am old.

I expect a roundabout each instead of the T junctions for Bodenstown & Prosperous and on more to accomodate the future sallins bypass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

I think that they are straightening out that bit of road before at the sallins bypass will join the sallins/clane road there (just after the esb generator).

BTW has anyone heard anything yet on which route option thay have chosen for the bypass?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

SCULLY wrote:
    I think that they are straightening out that bit of road before at the sallins bypass will join the sallins/clane road there (just after the esb generator).

BTW has anyone heard anything yet on which route option thay have chosen for the bypass?
    What's this about a Sallins bypass? Will it be east-west or north-south?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

It's a new North-South route from Naas to North of Sallins. Options were published and circulated a couple of months ago. Sounded like the preferable route would go West of Sallins, with a new interchange over the M7 (that would also serve the new town/development called Osbertstown). See http://www.kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/Roads/SallinsBypass/ for routes etc.

Advertisement