Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tripods

Options
  • 12-09-2007 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the removable part on a tripod that you attach on to a camera is replacable. I lost mine. Are they a standard size or do different manufatcturers do different sizes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

The quick release plate? From what I know, there isn't a standard size, and there are even different sizes produced by a single manufacturer... I know Manfrotto doesn't have a standard size for it's heads...

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭digitalage

Get the make and model of your tirpod and "google" it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

The screw that goes into the camera is a standard size, yes. But you'll need the carrier which is the correct size for your tripod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Thanks, I thought as much. Ah well a new tripod will have to be bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Could try make a replacement plate out of wood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Lol, trooney the wife hangs the shelves in our house, Must ask her if she could rustle something up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

You can buy these for about 5 to 20 dollars for just about every tripod ,

Heres an example site ,

http://www.adorama.com/JTQRP.html

Just google " replacement quick release plate " there are lots of options.

Advertisement