Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baseball on TV in Dublin?

Options
  • 11-09-2007 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I could go out to watch baseball on TV in Dublin? Are there any pubs that would have games on, especially postseason?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

YOu might get it in TGI Fridays if you lucky.It is on Setanta and the NASN.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭capnsantini

The problem for me is that I don't have a TV at all, so I can't watch at home. But anyway, it would be more fun to watch the games with other interested people who don't mind staying up late to watch the MLB postseason. I can't believe there aren't more places advertising that they'll have it on. I'll try TGIF but let me know if anyone else has any other ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RORYBBELLOWS8

Baseball is shown on NASN in Ireland. (owned now by ESPN). Because NASN is part of the Setanta Package most pubs have it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Whether they'll turn it on is another story....Can't think of any late bars where you can sit back with a few pints and watch the game after midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 red sox

Did you have any luck finding a pub to watch post season baseball in? I'm a big red sox fan, but it is hard to follow them over here as baseball is not very popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭capnsantini

I went by a place on Parnell Street called The Woolshed. They looked like a foriegn-type sports bar (NFL games etc...) and the guys there seemed pretty cool about putting the games on, at least mid week if there wasn't already something big going on. It seemed like if you went in on the right night and asked, there'd be no problem.

I'll have a look at the schedule and see what early games are on next week, but I'd say you'd get a petty good crowd if we can manage a Sox / Yanks ALCS.....

Advertisement