Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

printing woes :(

Options
  • 11-09-2007 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

Epson r265, cheap and cheerful. I refused to pay the full whack for the epson cartridges and got compatible ones at one of those cartridge world shops. Been running away quite happily for a couple of weeks, tonight I switch it on and the thing decides all of a sudden that the (practically full)black cartridge is not compatible, and refuses to do *anything*, even a nozzle clean. Am currently murmuring expletives :mad:

Is there any hardware reset or sneaky trick I can use to get this damn thing to use the cartridge against its will? It's nearly chucking out the window time, if it continues to misbehave so defiantly... grrrrrrr...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Is this the first set of cartridges you have used in it.
    Have you changed any one of the cartridges yet.
    check to make sure theres no dirt or ink on the contacts of the cartridge or printer.
    Is it only the black cartridge.
    And what brand of compatible are you using.
    I feel a bit like a cop interrogating someone with all the questions:D.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Julie I got a full set of Epson cartridges in PC World for my R365 for €50 in Blanch, cheapest I have seen in a while for legit ones.

Advertisement