Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration fees in 3rd year

Options
  • 10-09-2007 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

I am getting the grant and someone told me that i dont have to pay for registration this year because of this. I always thought you pay first and get it refunded later but my friend told me that last year he didnt have to pay his. Can i get any clarification on this before i give UCC a tinkle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

If you have a letter saying you got the grant, bring it into the fees office in UCC & you will only have to pay the €140 capitation fee. If you were in UCC last year & got the grant, you don't have to bring in the letter if they saw it last year - just pay the €140 and your grant will cover the €825 registration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

If you have a letter saying you got the grant, bring it into the fees office in UCC & you will only have to pay the €140 capitation fee. If you were in UCC last year & got the grant, you don't have to bring in the letter if they saw it last year - just pay the €140 and your grant will cover the €825 registration.

Nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

i thought that you cant register fully unless you pay all of it at the start?
    you can still attend lectures, but not use the library etc?
    thats what i got from what they said last yr...
    i hope i'm wrong on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

RobertaC,

As I already said, if UCC has a record of you receiving the grant last year, there is no need to pay more than the capitation, as UCC will automatically request payment from your Local Authority. If it's your first time getting the grant and you already have the letter of award from the local authority, just bring it into UCC fees office and again you will only have to pay the €140.

If you have applied for the grant but haven't got a letter of award from the local authority, you will have to pay full registration, which will get refunded if you get accepted for the grant. If you don't pay full reg fee before getting the letter, they will hold your student card until either you pay or you get accepted for the grant.

Advertisement