Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an post issue

Options
  • 10-09-2007 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

basically had to send few packages today , now i came home and while i was looking at the receipt i saw that a package that was meant to go to hungary ,
    appears insted as if its goin to ireland but the delivery address clearly states hungary!
    now my return address is on the back.. so what is the policy of anpost does anyone know? will they just send it or will they return it to me?thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Are you saying you paid the Irish postage rate??

If so they are unlikely to return it to you, more likely they'll send it surface mail (slower) or charge the recipient the extra at the other end.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

ellscurr wrote:
    Are you saying you paid the Irish postage rate??

If so they are unlikely to return it to you, more likely they'll send it surface mail (slower) or charge the recipient the extra at the other end.

I think they can't charge you any extra now that the transaction has occured and the staff should have noticed it. I sent stuff to the UK before and they charged me Irish rates. When I dropped back and asked them the lad said that it was his fault and to leave it at that and it would be delivered as normal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 memet

ye basically i paid the irish rate.
    thx for the reassuring replies;)

Advertisement