Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon 400D help

Options
  • 10-09-2007 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Okay I finally got my grubby mits on a canon 400D c/w 50mm & 70-300 lens,
    I am new to this camera and one little thing is bugging me, it is not a huge concern but can you shoot black & white in Auto mode. If so how do you do so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You simply cannot, as far as I see.

Why would you want to? Shoot in colour and change to B&W on a computer (At least you then have choice).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Karoma wrote:
    You simply cannot, as far as I see.

Why would you want to? Shoot in colour and change to B&W on a computer (At least you then have choice).

You can if you shoot in 'P', just choose monochrome. It's a good idea to shoot in color and then convert on the PC later, but I've actually found that if you shoot B&W in RAW, the photo will be in color when you transfer it to the PC... weird....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

helios wrote:
    You can if you shoot in 'P', just choose monochrome.
    They said AUTO. *kicks a stone :)

It's a good idea to shoot in color and then convert on the PC later, but I've actually found that if you shoot B&W in RAW, the photo will be in color when you transfer it to the PC... weird....
    Not for me. What way are you transferring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Karoma wrote:

Just putting the CF into a reader... nothing special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Karoma wrote:

RAW means all the pure data is recorded as it hits the CCD.

You can flick between colour modes/temperatures in RAW editor. So, in effect, RAW pictures are recorded in colour, then the editor remembers this setting and displays in B&W, but you can flick to colour any time.

If you shoot in JPG mode, it's a different story.

• Advertisement
Advertisement