Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop suddenly not wanting to hibernate?

Options
  • 10-09-2007 12:53am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a dell 6400, which i had set up to go into hibernate mode when i push the power button, despite having this option working without issue for a whole year it now will not hibernate, it merely goes into standby. Not only that, but when i go into the windows power options, and select hibernate as the power button's function it applies it and the it somehow changes back to standby...
    Oh and when i click on the "turn off the computer" tab in the start menu the Hibernate button is there but is faded and "unclickable". I dont know what the story is...Does anyone have any idea? My laptop is being a little b*tch recently.
    Thanks,
    Alan,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

hibernate takes memory, any chance your hard drive is full? That may explain it acting weirdly as well?

Advertisement