Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"O'Driscoll hurt in win over Namibia"

Options
  • 10-09-2007 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Not what we need right now...

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/news/newsid=2005907.html#odriscoll+hurt+over+namibia

Ireland captain Brian O'Driscoll is hoping an elbow injury he suffered during his side's 32-17 victory over Namibia on Sunday is only minor.

The star centre, who has only just returned to fitness after suffering a fractured sinus on August 16, left the field in the final minute of the IRB Rugby World Cup Pool D match at Chaban-Delmas Stadium.

O'Driscoll attended the post-match press conference with his right arm in a sling but noted it was only a precautionary measure after he hyper-extended his elbow.

"I'll have it assessed when I get back to the team hotel," the 28-year-old told reporters.

"There's no need for an X-ray and I'm hoping it's just a nerve. Hopefully it will have eased by the morning."

O'Driscoll could not have made a more dramatic return to the international stage, scoring a superb individual try after just four minutes.

He regathered his own chip kick and, despite the attentions of Tertius Losper (NAM), twisted over the line to score his team's opening try.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Always one for excuses. Probably nothing more than a severely bruised ego!

Advertisement